Wednesday, March 4, 2009

ADAM SKY AKA ADAMSKI ANSWERS 11 QUESTIONS ...

(PHOTO OF ADAM SKY © ECHO DANON. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.)

ADAM SKY


1-Five songs you can't get out of your head right now?

Adam:

"Womaniser" Britney Spears

"Thunderstorm Blues" Alan Vega

"Ice Drummer"  Alan Vega

"Babe I'm Gonna Leave You"  Led Zeppelin,

"Hometown"  Adele 

"...and many more than 5 actually but  mostly my own that I'm working on obviously."

2-Last film you watched and actually liked?

Adam:

"Into the Wild"

3-Book you are reading?

Adam:

"Moon Dust" by Andrew Smith

"High-Rise" by J.G. Ballard 

"The Teds" by Chris Steele-Perkins and Richard Smith

"Rockabilly - A 40 year Journey" by Billy Poore

4-Visual artist/writer/music/film you feel inspired by right now?

Adam:

"Alan Vega's 1st solo album as always, Pee Wee's Big Adventure as always, Jeff Koons, Pam Hogg's fashion and A Child of the Jago clothes shop in London... "

5-First record/cassette tape you ever bought?

Adam:

"Whiskey in the Jar" by Thin Lizzy or "Virginia Plain" by Roxy Music. 

"Can't quite remember..."

6-Record labels you miss?

Adam:

"Fast Product, KLF Communications and I miss MCA giving me large cheques..."

7-What are you working on right now?

Adam:

"I'm rewoking my 1st album "Liveandirect" as "Vile Acid Rent" to celebrate 20 years of being written out of history....and I'm producing a New Age Teddy Boy singer called Sonny Eriksson..."

8-Bands/musicians you wish would get back together and not put out a crappy new record?

Adam:

"Fat chance of that." 

9-Musician who died that you wish you could bring back from the grave?

Adam:

"Lux Interior"

10-Favorite song lyrics?

Adam:

"I'm a fallen idol, fallen from grace, fallen on hard times, I'm an ex-face, I'm a fallen angel, I'm a fallen star, catch me and put me in your pocket, next to your mp3 player"  by myself (last week)...

11-Favorite poets?

Adam:

"Myself."


Adam Sky vs Mark Stewart - We are all Prostitutes (Crookers)


VIDEO DIRECTED BY ANGIE REED